Chomsky News Network

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Fri May 31 08:56:02 PDT 2002

On Fri, 31 May 2002 kelley at pulpculture.org wrote:

> > How much of this patriotic deep throating does Noam
> >have to do before he's considered a good American?
> >
> >Miles
>
> just to turn the tables: isn't that precisely what goes on here if anyone
> says anything in defense of US culture? isn't it the case that you have to
> suck the cock and both balls of your fellow lefties and prove you're a real
> lefty first, and even then, no matter what you've typed or said or written
> in the past, the act of saying it voids everything you've otherwise said?

You seem to be buying into the stereotype that all real leftists hate America (I guess you think all leftists spell it with three k's). The responses to your defense of U. S. culture have been diverse. Do you really think Chuck-I-hate-this-motherfucking-nation is representative of people with left sentiments? I guess you travel and hobnob with different leftists than I do.

For myself, I agree with Chomsky's sentiment: we should and can do better.

Miles