We're Number One! Re: Chomsky News Network

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Fri May 31 09:54:06 PDT 2002

OOPS I meant "patient." It is heretical in some circles to denounce public health programs but they have never been adequate. Medicare omits prescription drugs, etc. This is not to say that I am for the profit making health care industry as the solution, only to dis-illusion some that our public system is as good as those who cling to the welfare state as having provided a just solution. It has not SO far. marta

But so many doctors won't take Medicaid that it makes it kind of a lie. Further, Medicaid is constantly narrowed. For instance, the budget in CA is in trouble so the first thing Grey Davis (Gov) does is cut optional Medicaid services and reduces the measley payment docs receive for seeing a Medicaid patient. You may as well not have any insurance. Marta -- Marta Russell Los Angeles, CA http://www.disweb.org --