Fw: David Corn: troubling origins of the anti-war movement

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 1 10:22:11 PST 2002

--- Marta Russell <ap888 at lafn.org> wrote:

> So where is their demo -- when is it scheduled?
> What are they getting done?

Marta, let me ask you and others a question. If Pat Buchannon, and his associates, organized a demonstration against the war, would you go? And even if you did go, wouldn't you at least hesitate because of his politics?

Somehow, people like you get hypnotised by the word "LEFT". Since the WWP associates itself with the LEFT, it's ok to go to any demo they organize, but it might not be ok to go to a Buchannon demonstration because he is on the "RIGHT".

I, and some others, are not entranced by the word "LEFT". The WWP supports dictators and sytems that are every bit as oppressive as what Buchannon supports. The fact that they call themselves LEFTISTS, and employ the usual leftist rhetoric about being for the working class, anti-war and for the "people" is meaningless in light of the regimes they support.

You ask where are the other demonstrations. When you study complex systems, you discover that it is not always the best that wins out, but who/what starts out first. My theory is that after 9/11 the globalization movement was perplexed by the new situation and had some difficulty in mobilizing because of their understandable confusion vis a' vis the situation. The void was filled by the WWP. They weren't perplexed...they just saw the same black and white world that they always see. America bad/Other good. And so, they seized the momentum.

-Thomas

===== "A question is always the desire to know, and to preserve simple human truths, we need secrets. The secrets of happiness, death, love."