another jobless recovery?

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Fri Nov 1 12:38:02 PST 2002

I was looking at some of the latest economic indicators, and I was amazed at the 3% economic growth this quarter, despite increases in unemployment and long-term unemployment. Consumer spending saves the day again: up 4.8% this quarter! My question for the economics wonks: How long can this party last? I mean, how far into debt will people go if unemployment and the threat of unemployment continues to increase?

I don't see how this can continue much longer.

Miles