a death

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Fri Nov 1 22:33:36 PST 2002

>>By the time you
>>read this it will be too late.
>>
>>Alec
>
>His 17 Aug 2001 post disturbed me so much that I looked him up in
>the directory and called him. I was so relieved when he called back.
>
>I can't help thinking that I should have done something other than
>simply e-mailing back -- I don't know what -- when he wrote me
>offlist on 28 Sep 2002.
>--
>Yoshie

I knew that Alec had been in rehab and had an addiction but for some reason I thought it was alcohol. I did not read all of these posts from him -- missed the link to heroin. One thing I do know though, one person can not stop another from doing anything when it comes to drug addictions. My mother was an alcoholic and so I learned that the hard way. We can offer some comfort but in personal relationships it is very difficult to "be there" for someone who is dealing with addiction in the sense you mean. I am so sorry that Alec is gone and we can love him, but you could not have "saved" him. Marta -- Marta Russell Los Angeles, CA http://www.disweb.org