Hitch (Qs about Integrity v Politics)

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 4 09:56:05 PST 2002

Doug,

I would like for you to have him elucidate his position on integrity vs. politics. I have not read the Orwell book, but he has stated in a few articles that I have read how he now values a person's integrity more than politics.

I have a feeling that Clinton's lying, the fact that some on the left adopt the attitude of "the means always justify the ends", and dishonesty of a large portion of the Left is what has in part pushed him to make some of his latest pronouncements about "leaving the Left".

I also dont discount, as some suggest, that there is an element of opportunism on Hitch's part. But that is another issue.

Thomas

===== "A question is always the desire to know, and to preserve simple human truths, we need secrets. The secrets of happiness, death, love."