David Corn: troubling origins of the anti-war movement

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 4 10:49:32 PST 2002

> The local protests can be earth-shaking, but not
> unless a national
> framework has been created for them by mass
> mobilizations in D.C.
> Chicago, S.F. etc.
>
> Carrol
> > Liza

Actually this generalization has exceptions. A local demo organized by (among others) Yoshie and me in Columbus in 1998 againsy Albright apparently derailed Climnton's plans for a strike against Iraq. There had been no big national demos at the time. It was the shock of a big protest at Ohio State (a traditionally conservative venue) that did it. Demos in Ann Arbor or Madison or Berkeley are not as effective. jks