high numbers of blacks in prison...

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Tue Nov 5 11:35:43 PST 2002

On Tue, 5 Nov 2002 at 1:46pm Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> Some time ago I switched (not voluntarily) to Outlook which seems to
> make a lot of decisions for me - which drives me on the wall. It feels
> like an arrogant computer programmer coming to my house and telling me
> "let me show you a better way of arranging y our furniture" One of
> these things is that soemtimes Outlook copies emails to which I am
> replying to as text preceded with the > characters, and sometimes as a
> formatted text precedeb by blue lines (such as this one). The problem
> with the latter is that it does not allow be to edit the text to which I
> am replying and place my responses after that text.

Tools --> Options --> Mail Format

turn every instance of HTML to Plain Text. pay particualr attention to the (stupid) option that lets your reply format be based on whatever crap the asshole at the other end sent you. (i.e. jerk sends HTML, you reply in HTML). that option is why you are seeing different behavior at different times. some of your correspondents send you shit, and you send it back...

> Can anyone on this list tell me how I can swtich all the
> fucking defaults that Micro$soft packed into their
> idiotic Outlook and have just plain text - no talking
> paper clips, no auto formats, no windows popping up to
> "help" me, no fucking nothing, just plain text please.

> BTW. Ted Kaczynski is my hero.

then throw away you computer and quit pestering people with your e-mails...

> Thank you

you're welcome.

-- no Onan