high numbers of blacks in prison...

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Tue Nov 5 15:25:42 PST 2002

On Tue, 5 Nov 2002 at 3:19pm Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> Look I know how to use options - mail format it IS set
> to plain text.

did you goto Advanced and check EACH of the options there?

look, i see the problem all the time and it is almost always the reply 'to asshole like anasshole' that is set.

now you say you have had this thing forced on you. does that mean you have had an exchange server forced on you too? in that case, i can't help you. the admins of an exchange server can override just about everything you set on an outlook client.

> The point is that sometimes it works and sometimes it
> does not. I did not have that problem with Eudora.

i do not belive eudora has the 'feature' i am trying to get you to turn off. if it does, it is off by default.

> > then throw away you computer and quit pestering people with
> > your e-mails...
> >

> The fact that I do not like SUVs does not mean that I
> should abandon travel. It means that I want a better
> designed means of accomplishing my goals.

another one shitty analogy dept -- do you have a whole bag of bad metaphors or something? ted the k wasan't anti-technology, not anti 'big' technology or anti-M$technology. ted, to my knowledge, is not in favor of using elm or mutt vs. outlook, but against computers at all.

now if you are against computers but still in favor of communication, i suggest you get i nice mount blanc fountain pen (far cheaper than a peecee) and some nice writing paper, and throw the damn computer away.

-- no Onan