Luke , enjoy this 80's incubator babies story...get Hitch on it?

Jeffrey Fisher jfisher at igc.org
Wed Nov 6 10:43:54 PST 2002

On Wednesday, November 6, 2002, at 12:36 PM, Dennis Perrin wrote:

> Not every. But Steve P's on this "you buy the propaganda, don't ya?"
> kick,
> dragging out stuff that no one here, so far as I know, believes in, or
> ever
> did.

well, luke bit. but whatever.

> And by focusing solely on the lies, Steve seems to skate over the
> larger truth of the given topic, i.e., the Kuwaiti incubator story was
> hoax, therefore any critique of Saddam should be viewed in that light.
> just reached for the handy Nazi analogy to show how limited and
> ultimately
> ridiculous this line of attack really is.

i was just noting a pattern in your posts of the last couple of days (see, e.g., the hand-wringing thread that i think this one split off from). it seems like the analogy is a pretty comfortable one for you.

> And it seems that Steve never responded to the Afghan death toll that
> he
> laughed off earlier. Or if he did I missed it.

fwiw, steve appears to me to have staked out pretty tenuous ground. but i don't know that you do yourself any favors when you trot out so quickly precisely the analogy put in play by TPTB.