hey perrin, did you pen the editorial in todays's Daily News?

John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com
Thu Nov 7 07:26:46 PST 2002

>>>Al-Q is at war with us. You may not believe it, accept it, want to deal with
>>>it, or wish to change the subject. But they are out there planning new
>>>attacks, minus these six.
>>>
>>>DP
>>
>>Have you seen the names of all six men killed in this car? Have you seen
>>proof that they were all involved in terrorists threats to the U.S.? Or
>>is the CIA's word proof enough for you? It isn't for me. Our country
>>can't kill anyone anywhere anytime and say we know they were terrorists
>>but aren't required to prove it. If we engage in that sort of behavior we
>>are criminals ourselves.
>>
>>John Thornton
>
>The main target of the CIA missile attack in Yemen, according to USA
>Today, was Sinan al-Harthi, a man suspected for being linked to "the
>October 2000 suicide bombing of the warship USS Cole" (@
><http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2002-11-04-yemen-side-usat_x.htm>).
>The deed that Sinan al-Harthi was suspected of having committed is far
>more justifiable (by the standards of human rights, laws of warfare, etc.)
>than, say, the US air attack that killed Qaddafi's adopted daughter, the
>US destruction of the pharmaceutical factory in Sudan, the NATO bombing of
>the Yugoslav TV station, the US degradation of Iraqi water supply (@
><http://www.progressive.org/0801issue/nagy0901.html>), etc. After all,
>USS Cole was an warship, not a civilian installation.
>
>The other five men also killed by the missile attack remain unnamed; I
>doubt that DP or anyone else knows who they are.
>--
>Yoshie

But apparently DP is confident enough they were "evil doers" to rejoice in their murder. I hope Sinan al-Harthi didn't offer anyone a ride to town that day. Terrorists probably never help their neighbors, being full of evil and such. Oh, and just to be clear, I was outraged by the attack on the WTC and Pentagon too.

John Thornton