Economist hit on Naomi Klein

Patrick Bond pbond at sn.apc.org
Fri Nov 8 11:24:28 PST 2002

... by twenty-something kids fresh from Oxbridge. The last couple here in Jo'burg -- Sebastian Mallaby and Adam Roberts -- were/are classic cases. I debated Roberts a few weeks ago at the W$$D preps for journalists and he pushed yesterday's conventional wisdom: that Mbeki was good for democracy in Africa. One word from me -- Zimbabwe -- brought a nice blush to his face.

Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

James Fallows had a very nice piece on the Washington Post a few

years ago on the American cult of The Economist - it appealed to

insecure Americans who ju loved that dose of English snobbery and

know-it-all-ism. Yawn. -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20021108/d633f547/attachment.htm>