Fw: Nosedive: The Democrats the Day After

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Nov 11 09:55:06 PST 2002

Chuck0 wrote:

>Perhaps the current set of ghouls just demonstrates that there are
>occasions when there is a little difference between parties, but
>most of the time these days there is little difference. I'm sure I
>don't need to trot out all of the Republican stuff that Clinton did
>over his 8 years, including wars, welfare reforms, and the Telecom
>Act of 1996.

Let me make one thing perfectly clear: the Dems suck. The Reps suck worse. I'm talking degrees of suckiness, which matters some.

Even if you're not into electoral politics, the gang in charge do a lot to shape the environment you have to live and work in. If the dominant rhetoric is all about inclusion and understanding, prevailing attitudes are different from the way they'd be if the rhetoric is punitive and bellicose.

Doug