A query about France

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon Nov 11 15:27:13 PST 2002

Go to <http://www.newint.org/issue341/facts.htm>, and compare the charts "Non-agricultural labour force belonging to trade unions as % total, selected countries, 1995" and "Employees covered by collective-bargaining agreements, selected countries, 1995" at the website. "In France 90% of employees are covered [by collective bargaining], though less than 10% belong to trade unions" (@ <http://www.newint.org/issue341/facts.htm>). The proportion of employees covered by collective bargaining in France is about the same as that in Germany and larger than that in Sweden. -- Yoshie