Anarchism Defined? (was Re: Village Voice: Abandon Democrats and join the anarchists)

Brian O. Sheppard x349393 bsheppard at bari.iww.org
Tue Nov 12 20:20:04 PST 2002

It's from our favorite hippies at the crimethinc collective, producers of "inspiring," "motivational," and "poetic" lit that seem to incorporate design sensibilities from Jehovah's Witness lit, bringing a new dimension of emo to anarchist pamphleteering.

When I realized crimtethinc had printed up a quarter million of these brochures with the full color (or nearly full color) cover, I wondered a) where are they getting the money for this, and b) why can't the money go into something less wanky? Anarchy: it's not a social movement - it's a lifestyle choice.

Now I'm going to go run along on a beach and throw out my arms into the sunshine while I glory in my revolutionary lifestyle.

Brian

--

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Buying books would be a good thing if one could also buy the time to read them in: but as a rule the purchase of books is mistaken for the appropriation of their contents." - Arthur Schopenhauer