Anarchism Defined? (was Re: Village Voice: Abandon Democrats and join the anarchists)

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Tue Nov 12 20:15:04 PST 2002

Brian O. Sheppard x349393 wrote:
> It's from our favorite hippies at the crimethinc collective, producers of
> "inspiring," "motivational," and "poetic" lit that seem to
> incorporate design sensibilities from Jehovah's Witness lit, bringing a
> new dimension of emo to anarchist pamphleteering.
>
> When I realized crimtethinc had printed up a quarter million of these
> brochures with the full color (or nearly full color) cover, I wondered a)
> where are they getting the money for this, and b) why can't the money go
> into something less wanky? Anarchy: it's not a social movement - it's a
> lifestyle choice.
>
> Now I'm going to go run along on a beach and throw out
> my arms into the sunshine while I glory in my revolutionary lifestyle.
>
> Brian

Brian is just jealous because nobody buys his anarcho-rubbish.

Heaven forbid that anarchists--or activists of any stripe--should think big and put together an attractive booklet with a print run of 250,000.

Crimethinc managed to find a good deal with a publisher, but they are still raising money to pay for printing and distribution costs.

It about time that somebody did something like this.

Chuck0

------------------------------------------------------------ Personal homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/

AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)