Gorby/Nikita

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 15 07:18:24 PST 2002

> In fact he's a well
> > educated man, though not of spectacular intellect
> in my opinion.

As opposed to who? I mean, the revolutionary generation of Soviet pols contained intellectuals that were spectacular by any standards--Lenin and Trotsky, chief of all. Same as ours: Franklin, Jefferson, Paine, Madison, Burr, Hamilton. And afterwards, there was a falling off, that's normal too. Gorby is a smart man, writes his own books and speeches, which is more than any US politician for some time could do. I guess Clinton, who is very bright, could probably write a speech if he had too. Compared to the reactionary moron in the White House now, Gorby is Einstein, Leonardo, Shakespeare.

If you
> want
> > rube, look at Khrushchev.

Well, a rube but no dummy. ANd every day you get up and watch the sun rise you can thank him, because he grasped what nuclear weapons could do, and was grown up enough to back down when JFK pushed the world to the brink.

jks