Fwd: (Re:)Re: Lerner: condemn Palestinian terror

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Fri Nov 15 12:17:15 PST 2002

------- Start of forwarded message ------- From: Rabbi Michael Lerner <rabbilerner at tikkun.org> To: debsian at pacbell.net Subject: Fwd: (Re:)Re: Lerner: condemn Palestinian terror Date: 11/15/02 9:33:18 AM

I was indeed severely critiqued by some women in 1970, and though the details of the critique were completely distorted, the underlying truth was that I, like most men in 1970, had never dealt with our own chauvinism. I've made much attempts to change that, and in the 31 years that have passed since then have evolved considerably, though I still remain a flawed human being. But why exactly does my past 31 years ago become an issue in my present life as a rabbi and healer? I hope you might send this on to others, because I believe that it is this kind of attacks on leadership people that have done great damage to our ability to sustain a movement of love and caring. And I say that as a person who full well recognizes himself as a flawed person, but also knows that there isn't anything else but flawed people on this planet, and we need a movement that is compassionate, not vindictive and hurtful, either to others outside or to each other inside our movement.

Rabbi Michael Lerner

-------- End of forwarded message --------