Fwd: (Re:)Re: Lerner: condemn Palestinian terror

/ dave / arouet at winternet.com
Fri Nov 15 14:31:25 PST 2002

Michael Pugliese wrote:

> From: Rabbi Michael Lerner <rabbilerner at tikkun.org>
> To: debsian at pacbell.net
> Subject: Fwd: (Re:)Re: Lerner: condemn Palestinian terror
> Date: 11/15/02 9:33:18 AM

(snip)

> chauvinism. I've made much attempts to change that, and in the 31
> years that have passed since then have evolved considerably, though I
> still remain a flawed human being. But why exactly does my past 31
> years ago become an issue in my present life as a rabbi and healer? I

I have no informed opinion on Lerner, but I wanted to interject (mainly to Carrol) that if I met the "me" of 20 years ago in a dark alley today, I'd probably look up and down the alley to make sure no one was watching, and then slug myself to teach myself a lesson. I was pretty fucking unenlightened, politically speaking. 20 years ago, let alone 31, is an awfully long time.

Actually, I recognize that slugging people silly isn't necessarily putting them on the path to enlightenment, but you get the point...

--

/ dave /