bourgeois riot, DC branch

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Mon Nov 18 18:12:26 PST 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ian Murray" <seamus2001 at attbi.com>

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nathan Newman" <nathan at newman.org>
>the point was that people on this list ignored the whole
> ripping Florida scandal for weeks before they recognized the extraordinary
> combination of manipulated voter rolls, fucked up voting machines and
> ballots, and trying to shut down the recount of predominantly black
> districts.

-That "ignoring" might have something to do with the fact that friends of the -Dems. on this list wasted our time picking silly fights with those who -refused to vote for Snore.

Could be, but check the record and I wasn't one of them at the time-- I was in the "move on" category of dealing with Nader and encouraging joint Green-progressive Dem efforts around progressive issues.

I was much more bitter about Nader after the whole debacle that he just disappeared and did nothing. My beef against Nader is in many ways far less from the election, that I could treat as a stupid misguided strategy, than from his abandonment of voters in Florida, for which there is no conceivable strategic justification.

-- Nathan Newman