Senate passes Homeland Security

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed Nov 20 12:02:51 PST 2002

Chuck:
> Well, before you pack, you should consider these are some
> pretty incompetent fascists. From what I heard on the news,
> there is no appropriations bill, so there is no money. We
> american patriots have some trust in the deeper american
> truths of stinginess, greed, and self-centered complacency.
>
> After all erecting fortress Amerika is going to take
> commitment, money and work, and this particular
> administration doesn't seem much interested in any of that.
>
> Don't get me wrong, I have no faith in the civilized
> qualities of the american people, but I do trust their
> laziness. Fascism (hate, fear, regimentation,
> authoritarianism) takes a lot of hard work and there is the
> rub. Too much work, not enough money, and no treats at the end of day.

These are valid observations, but only to a point. You cannot underestimate the satisfaction a great chunk of male population receive from gratuitous putting down people who cannot defend themselves. This is true of most countries, not just the US. Slobo & Co. were alse greedy and lazy - but all they need to to do it tu use the media to tell the Yugo rednenck that it is now ok to kill their neighbors, and that all they need to do. Same for Rwanda and countless other places from Eastern Europe, to Asia, to Africa.

I do not think that Bush and Co. have much to fear from the left - we are too damn insignificant to waste the resources of their securitat. But we make good scape goats for the assorted rednecks - and the Bushies make use that opportunity to solidify their power on the cheap. After all, Jews posed no threat to Weimar state or the political system either, but their were a perfect scape goat for government workers, ex-soldiers and small shop keepers - Hitler's willing executioners. It cost money to bribe the populace with jobs and social benefits - it is much cheaper to appease them by giving them a human scape goat to kill.

Wojtek