Norm Coleman's interesting family situation

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed Nov 20 13:44:20 PST 2002

Michael:
> If this were true, it would indicate the only presidents in
> the 20th century with good political judgment were Carter and Truman.
>
> That's not orthogonal. That's downright counterindicative.

I did not say these are the only criteria - they should be considered in a broader context. If a person has a messy personal life, that is one thing, but if the same person also criticizes others for having messy personal lives, that is a very different thing.

In any case - the Monika affair was a *very* poor judgment on the part of Clinton. People in his position can have professional sex in a much more discrete and safer settings.

Wojtek