Contact Information, Etc. Re: Corn transcript

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Nov 20 16:32:20 PST 2002

Liza Featherstone wrote:
> All true. There is a reluctance to ask questions on all sides. Sometimes
> ANSWER's critics take smug purist comfort in having "nicer" politics: sure
> our demo only has 50 people but at least we're not icky Milosevic supporters
> -- that attitude, too, evades needed questions (i.e. what is ANSWER doing
> that works) and doesn't really get us anywhere.

I don't agree that there is an equality of not asking question on all sides. ANSWER, like other Left groups, discourages an open discussion in movement circles where questions are asked. I've point out before how these groups silence and intimidate critics. The very fact that they have been silent in response to any of these recent articles speaks volumes about their unwillingness to engage in or tolerate critical thinking in the movements.

Read the articles they publish in their newspapers. ALWAYS a positive spin on events organized by the parent organization. And the WWP is not alone in this practice.

In contrast, other groups and tendencies are more open about engaging in a public critical process.

For example: Boston's Festival del Pueblo: A Critical Analysis http://www.infoshop.org/inews/stories.php?story=02/11/20/2543557

Chuck0

------------------------------------------------------------ Personal homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/

AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)