Contact Information, Etc. Re: Corn transcript

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Nov 21 16:11:13 PST 2002

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> Giving unpaid volunteer organizers scattered nationwide *only 14
> days* to organize for an action in D.C. is absurd.

Probably worse than absurd. Probably two months is not long enough in many cases. A two-week notice would merely piss off most local organizers. If we had a 90 day advance notice here, with some detail, we might be able to send a busload to a national mobilization. With two months notice, perhaps gather four or five people to attach themselves to buses from other ILlinois locations. With one month, forget about it.

Someone should be planning a late April or early May demo right now, and announce the date by mid-January. It seems that only ANSWER could do that -- and they can't without help, including help from those who detest them.

Carrol