Contact Information, Etc. Re: Corn transcript

Liza Featherstone lfeather32 at erols.com
Thu Nov 21 18:31:37 PST 2002

I actually don't think that, in this age of email, people need left journalists to advertise protests in advance. The same people who read the alternative media also subscribe to email lists on which they get tons of information about major actions. You can also get that kind of information on Indymedia. (And the alternative media is not generally an effective way of reaching people who don't have Internet access, either -- you need churches, community centers or Nathanesque door-knocking for that) I myself never learn about major actions from any print media. That part of our role is gone -- there are now much more efficient ways to publicize actions.

Liza