H. Rap Brown (was Re: Corn transcript)

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 22 07:06:31 PST 2002

Bill, don't be dense. The murder guns were produced in evidence, and had been found in his car. As with the DC snipers, that's normally enough to overcome a presumption of innocence; a rational jury could take it as proving guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. The speculative possibility that the guns might have been planted, without any evidence to support it beyond the fact that sometimes the cops do that, is unlikely to persuade a rational (not a racist or pro-cop, but a rational) jury otherwise. It's true that it's hard to get evidence of a frame-up, but the fact that if your theory of defense is a frame-up you need the evidence doesn't reverse the burden of proof. I do take your point, that in your view the cops are NEVER to believed, and NO ONE should ever be convicted, but it's not a point I agree with. I am, as you know, extremely conservative, judicially at least. In fact, I am literally a willing tool of capitalist interests. This is actually the case, no irony. So pay me no mind. jks