4th amendment, cars

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall at union.org.za
Fri Nov 22 23:19:21 PST 2002

Yup...Here we go again with car searches vs the 4th Amendment...sad really...

By JOHN LYNCH WHITE OAK — A Longview woman who sells sex toys has been charged with felony obscenity after White Oak police found some of her wares in her car during a traffic stop

The arrest report describes the 17 items as "obscene materials and obscene devices," but Police Chief Charlie Smith said the items were mostly lotions and objects defined in a dictionary as having the shape and often the appearance of the male genitalia, used in sexual stimulation.

How illegal is that? Prosecutors will have to decide when White Oak investigators forward their findings to the district attorney's office sometime in the next week, Smith said.

"We'll see what they do with it," Smith said.

Kathleen Elizabeth "Kathy" Grubbs, a distributor for the national company Slumber Parties Inc., calls the charge, which carries a maximum penalty of two years in jail, "kind of ridiculous." Full: http://tinyurl.com/2xq6 --- Sent from UnionMail Service [http://mail.union.org.za]