Hitchens has completely lost his mind

Chris Kromm ckromm at mindspring.com
Sat Nov 23 17:49:39 PST 2002

You know, I honestly don't understand why Hitch's recent antics surprise people. Hitchens has been unhinged for quite a while now. Have Nation-lefty types just been in denial?

It was odd to see all the people wringing their hands, lamenting his departure from The Nation. It's been years since one of his column has had that "a-ha" quality of revealing something we didn't know. The rest was all bluster.

Bluster and attitude draw a measure of adulation and respect from the more incestuous sections of the intelligentsia. But to most readers, it gets old pretty fast.

Chris Kromm Keep your eyes on the prize.