Hitchens has completely lost his mind

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Nov 24 11:01:46 PST 2002

Chris Kromm wrote:

>You know, I honestly don't understand why Hitch's recent antics surprise
>people. Hitchens has been unhinged for quite a while now. Have Nation-lefty
>types just been in denial?

He was at the Nation for almost 20 years. He's a very talented writer, an eloquent speaker, and most people at and around the magazine like him personally - he can be very warm and charming. His transformation is a professional, political, and personal loss, and I don't see any point in pretending otherwise.

Doug