sects and violence?

frank scott frank at marin.cc.ca.us
Mon Nov 25 16:22:31 PST 2002

"The anti-war movements will start marching while Ramsey Clark drones on back at the stage."

the limited "droning" I've heard from ramsey clark has been about the wretched and murderous treatment of the Iraqi people, and not about the religious and scriptural battles of tiny left sectoids...

if we could focus on the larger issue of why we are all so helpless - so far - to stop the march towards more murder, and pay a little less attention to who organizes one or another march against murder, we might be better able to communicate with a few more people than the usual suspects, or the usual congregation...

for instance, making it clear that iraq is not guilty- as some people seem to think is true in the mumia case and will argue so, endlessly and without any evidence but their opinions, based on some "droning" from sectarian groups - that 24 million iraqis, and even the tyrant dictator, have done nothing, absolutely nothing, to threaten or hurt any of us and that is the worst miscarriage of justice to condemn them to death for a crime for which there is absolutely no evidence..none!

by the way, I think there is reasonable doubt that al-amin did it, and that he may be protecting someone, in a principled and heroic way...just the opposite for mumia, who is a great social critic and dedicated activist, but also a guy who killed a cop in plain view of four witnesses, two of whom pointed him out at the scene of the crime...

fs