AC nails Cooper perfectly

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Nov 25 20:29:18 PST 2002

Chip Berlet wrote:

> It was the CP and SWP that largely provided the national
> infrastructure for the large national demonstrations. Meanwhile,
> out in the field, there were many different groups and coalitions.
> SDS briefly played a role at the beginning, but soon faded. Groups
> such as the National Student Association and church-based peace
> groups were involved. Alternative media such as College Press
> Service, Liberation News Service, and Dispatch News Service
> International spread the word--I worked with all three as a writer
> or editor or syndicator.

Exactly my point. The anti-war movement was much bigger and broader than those who claim that the SWP was the center of the anti-war universe.

That's the problem with leftists who read the history of social change movements as just a list of organizations involved.

Chuck0

------------------------------------------------------------ Personal homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/

AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)