Inspect This (@ maxspeak.org)

Ian Murray seamus2001 at attbi.com
Tue Nov 26 00:16:38 PST 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nathan Newman" <nathanne at nathannewman.org>

> My reply on my blog at:
> http://www.nathannewman.org/log/archives/000592.shtml#000592

============

Why?

> Bush Aide: US Will Ignore UN
> For the arrogance and lies of the Bush administration, see this
description
> of top Bush defense advisor, Richard Perle, speaking to a UK political
> conference, where he said the US would go to war even if inspectors found
no
> evidence of forbidden weapons:
>

> GEORGE Bush's top security adviser last night admitted the US would
attack
> Iraq even if UN inspectors fail to find weapons.
>
> Dr Richard Perle stunned MPs by insisting a "clean bill of health" from
UN
> chief weapons inspector Hans Blix would not halt America's war machine.
>
> And our allies in Britain were not amused to find that Bush might ignore
> international law and the UN.
> Former defence minister and Labour backbencher Peter Kilfoyle said:
> "America is duping the world into believing it supports these inspections.
> President Bush intends to go to war even if inspectors find nothing.
>
> "This make a mockery of the whole process and exposes America's real
> determination to bomb Iraq."
>
> Max pointed out this statement and thinks it proves that war is
inevitable.
> But we already knew the warhawks in the administration wanted to go to war
> no matter what. What we didn't know is that they are so arrogant that they
> can't keep their mouths shut about lying to our allies, thereby feeding
> anti-American mobilization in Europe. Political appointees like Perle may
be
> willing to ignore allies, but it's been clear that the actual military
> leaders don't think that unilateralism denounced by allies is a safe
> environment to deploy troops. So arrogant comments like Perle's are
exactly
> the tools needed by progressives to mobilize and divide the establishment
> derail the energy for war.
>
> And the left should never buy into the inevitability of war, which Perle's
> comments are designed to feed, since that feeds a cynical passivity in the
> population that assists the warhawks. A far better attitude is what the
San
> Francisco Bay Guardian (the alternative weekly) is blaring on their front
> cover this week.
>

> RESISTANCE IS NOT FUTILE

The presumption in a lot of the readings of the Bushies is that it's for US-Euro consumption first and foremost, when the target audience may be Iraqi diplomats and the larger network of civil servants from ME countries reading US newspapers -and there are lots of them. Psy-War operations, in other words..........

Ian