The Mystery of Hitchens's Mind (was: Re: Bush Names Kissinger to Head 9/11 Probe)

Anthony Tothe yankee at webspan.net
Fri Nov 29 08:20:50 PST 2002

I agree with both comments below...I always found Hitchens almost unreadable. He always wants us to see how smart he is. One of the reasons I use to read his Nation column was to just see how many words he used that I did know. I frankly hate that...the political world is not so complex that it can't be explained in plain simple English. Hitch is not alone in this...many politicos write in such a way that only other members of their class can decipher what the hell they are trying to say. Maybe "Empire" being the most recent and prime example.-Tony

----- Original Message ----- From: Gordon Fitch <gcf at panix.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Thursday, November 28, 2002 9:08 AM Subject: The Mystery of Hitchens's Mind (was: Re: Bush Names Kissinger to Head 9/11 Probe)