The Mystery of Hitchens's Mind (was: Re: Bush Names Kissinger to Head 9/11 Probe)

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 29 10:09:32 PST 2002

--- Anthony Tothe <yankee at webspan.net> wrote:

Maybe "Empire"
> being the most recent and prime example.-Tony

Personally, I never found Hitchens THAT difficult to read. Can you provide an example of a difficult text by Hitchens? I will admit that I have read very few things by him...some of his Nation articles, some of his stuff in Vanity Fair, and his book, "The Missionary Position".

"Empire" is at times difficult to read. However, that is mostly because it assumes a working knowledge of certain terms particular to the Italian workerist and autonomist movements, as well as some background in post-structuralism. I dont blame Hardt and Negri for that part. Every book can't start from scratch, can it? Though it might have been helpful to put a glossary in the book, such as the one Michael Hardt added to his "Radical Thought in Italy".

-Thomas

===== "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

"Money eats quality and shits out quantity" -William Burroughs