Tabloids and Taliqueers

Daniel Davies dsquared at al-islam.com
Tue Oct 1 01:53:12 PDT 2002

>Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 15:04:48 -0400
>From: Doug Henwood
>Subject: Re: American Tali-Queer

>Michael Pollak wrote:

>>I'd say this was a new low for the Post

>How can they beat their 1980s masterpiece, in which they
>illustrated some propaganda leak from the Reagan admin on
>how Khadaffy/Gadafi/etc. liked to dress up in women's
>clothes with a crude, pre-Photoshop simulation of how he
>would look in drag?

>Doug

You realise that in the tabloid newspapers of The Greatest Newspaper Market On Earth, that would be like just a normal day's editorial comment? I swear, one day, someone is going to launch credible competition for Murdoch and he won't be able to price them out of business. Then he is going to give you guys a dose of real tabloid journalism and it will blow your minds. The difference between British tabloids and American tabloids is like the difference between crack cocaine and normal cocaine.

Btw, if you enjoy the tabloid style, but you don't particularly want to look at pictures of topless women at that precise moment, and if you want your news with an avowed left-wing slant, the finest newspaper in the world for my money is the Daily Record (the Scottish edition of the Mirror). It is also usually full of entertaining stories about local hard men shooting each other in Marbella.

dd