Chickenhawks - Hall of Shame (flash video)

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Thu Oct 3 11:46:08 PDT 2002

On Thu, 3 Oct 2002 at 2:22pm Dennis Perrin wrote:

> It doesn't inhibit anyone from anything -- it certainly
> hasn't hurt those it's been aimed at. And for a
> supposedly "anti-war" critic to use it is really quite
> baffling, as it suggests an affinity for and support of
> military action in other situations. And if that's not
> the case, then why use it?

It's not supposed to valorize military service, it is supposed to make a case that the warmongers are hypocrites. Now if you don't find hypocrisy to be a problem (and folks on this list have argued that it is not a problem), then I suppose this tack won't appeal to you. Personally, I find hypocrisy repellent and a fundamental intellectual offense that there is no excuse for.

-- no Onan