Anti-Imperialism 101 Re: Hitchens quits Nation

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Thu Oct 3 16:02:18 PDT 2002

>Ah yes- John makes my point-- even where someone agrees on the issue of
>opposing the war, they are insulted.
>
>And folks wonder why the left keeps losing allies. Which is where this
>discussion started.
>
>-- Nathan

As the subject line ("Anti-Imperialism 101") shows, the focus on the thread is to develop weapons of criticism that would serve social forces opposed to class society and imperialism, which may or may not emerge from an anti-war movement. While it is necessary to oppose this particular war, as well as all other wars for the empire, a long-term goal for US leftists is to work toward the kind of society that would make such wars, and therefore oppositions to them as well, unnecessary. -- Yoshie