chickenhawks

billbartlett at dodo.com.au billbartlett at dodo.com.au
Fri Oct 4 17:07:32 PDT 2002

joanna bujes wrote:

>I may not support the war in Iraq; but I have the right to point to the hypocrisy of those who are willing to sacrifice the lives of thousands of people when they themselves ran the other way and when they themselves are creating this war only in order to personally profit by it.

There was a poster printed in Australia by the IWW that took up that same theme of stay-at-home patriots. It is probably the most famous poster of the war. It went like this:

TO ARMS!

Capitalists, Parsons, Politicians, Landlords, Newspaper Editors, and Other Stay-at-Home Patriots.

YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU IN THE TRENCHES!

WORKERS, FOLLOW YOUR MASTERS!!

See more at: http://www.htansw.asn.au/teach/juniorhistorydocs/jun_ww1_censorship.doc and many other sites.