top 10 places to live in US for lesbians

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Oct 8 18:06:10 PDT 2002

At 8:45 AM +0900 10/9/02, Catherine Driscoll wrote:
>Chocolate and sushi?... I guess, sure, your better off lesbians may
>very well like chocolate, but making your own sushi is way more
>important than living near somewhere you can buy it.

What's interesting is that nigirizushi -- the kind you eat at a sushi bar, with a piece of fish or shellfish or a spoonful of fish roe on top of a tiny ball of rice -- was not and still largely is not a homemade food in Japan (though sashimi has been). Nigirizushi has been transformed by the culture of potlucks and parties at home after it got transplanted outside Japan. I don't know if lesbians played any role in the process. -- Yoshie