show trials

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Tue Oct 8 21:00:23 PDT 2002

Good point. James, where are you on U.S. Federal civil rights activity & legislation of the 50s and 60s? Was it an inappropriate abrogation of states' rights?

mbs

P.S. I don't believe JH identifies as a leftist.

You see things in realpolitick terms (very Kissinger of you -- indeed, quite reminiscent of the segregationist South's argument against the North's attempts to enforce integration), so you oppose the idea of war crimes trials in a world dominated by the US. If this is the case, then nothing humane can happen internationally until the USG falls, is overthrown, reverts to isolationism, or subscribes to James Heartfield's politics. Till then, the likes of Kissinger, Milosevic, Saddam, Pinochet and Suharto should expect no international action to stem their aggression or punish their crimes since the US runs the joint, therefore any charge would be false and would merely serve Empire.

In such a sphere we see leftists defend war criminals as an act of anti-imperialism. How the Empire controls our every move and thought . . .

DP