The South Is Another Country

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 8 22:54:13 PDT 2002

>>Good point. James, where are you on U.S. Federal civil
>>rights activity & legislation of the 50s and 60s? Was it
>>an inappropriate abrogation of states' rights?
>>
>>mbs
>
>Why the constant equation of the US South with the rest of the world?
>--

Well, either folks think that Lincoln was wrong and Meade was right about "our soil" (Lincoln said, He didn't understand that the whole country was "our soil"), or they think that Bush is right that whole world is "our soil." After all, we are "special," as Condi says, qnd uniquely fitted to bring democracy to everywhere, even Florida. jks