Americans think 1 in 5 of Americans are gay

catherine.driscoll at adelaide.edu.au catherine.driscoll at adelaide.edu.au
Wed Oct 9 05:33:32 PDT 2002

One thing two years of a statistician cadetship taught me was -- oh wait, it didn't teach me anything. But I still refuse to even pay attention to these provocations/commentaries.

Sorry. Call me a mad empiricist but, I ask you... really... percentages...?

100% of me thinks these statistics are worth fuck all unless someone shows me what the sample is. And, gee, can we compare 90% of fish to 74% of Greenland? Yeah I did look. I'm not saying it's not buried somewhere in their site but it's not in the damned report and so I don't care. Around 99% of my CD rack is gay, according to 50% of my next door neighbour's kids.

Catherine