My pal Pete...

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 9 08:09:46 PDT 2002

>Justin:
> > Even if it would
> > be just for nonimperialist power to go around setting things
> > rights, the US
> > is not a nonimperialist power. It doesn't take Einstein to
> > figure this out.
> > jks
>
>So that implies that a world power should be motivated by philanthropy
>rather than self-interest. That is very unrealistic indeed.

No shit. That's why what it implies is that we oppose imperial ventures by nonphilanthropic world powers instead of engaging in self-deluded realpolitik about enlightened self interest, selective support for attacks on bad guys that ignores the global effect of such a policy, and woolgatheringa bout a world government that can only mean, im practice, the US imperium.

jks

jka