Leftists Embrace the Bush Doctrine

Ulhas Joglekar uvj at vsnl.com
Wed Oct 9 09:41:01 PDT 2002

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> That is simply not true. For the past couple of years the US military
> have been busy deposing various dictators (some of them renegade CIA
> puppets, to be sure) - but has not posed any threat to a legitimate
> nation.

US and other developed nations imposed economic sanctions on India and Pakistan in 1998 after the nuclear tests. Is this not a threat? Perhaps Indian nukes are illegitimate and those belonging to P-5 nations are legitimate ones?

> I do not think that most nations will loose much sleep over the
> possibility of being invaded by the US.

The Soviet intervention in Afghanistan and the US response to it, proved to be complete disasters from Indian point of view. The US intervention in Iraq may strengthen Islamic fundamentalism, instead of reducing it.

Ulhas