Leftists Embrace the Bush Doctrine

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed Oct 9 08:43:17 PDT 2002

Justin:
> tnan with Iraq. The US actually does posea real and
> well-documented danger
> to every nation in the world. In fact, it has recently
> announced that it
> will launch a unilateral preemptive attack on anyone whom it
> feels might
> someday be adanger to its supremacy. However, this seems to
> be OK with you.

That is simply not true. For the past couple of years the US military have been busy deposing various dictators (some of them renegade CIA puppets, to be sure) - but has not posed any threat to a legitimate nation. I do not think that most nations will loose much sleep over the possibility of being invaded by the US. That includes even Cuba - the US forces can easily launch a successful invasion of this country without encountering much resistance and without suffering any serious political consequences.

The worst thing about the Bush foreign policy is its self-righteous sanctimony and arrogance, which makes me nauseous, but it apparently appeals to the flag waving "God-bless-Amerika" "I-love-my-country-but-I-cannot-pay-my-bills" crowd.

Wojtek