release Milosevic!

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Oct 9 13:44:22 PDT 2002

Gordon Fitch wrote:

> I believe it was the Civil Rights movement that actually
> bullied the Southern segregationists. I am kind of surprised
> to see this role attributed to the U.S. government.

The "left" defenders of u.s. imperialism and of the DP (roughly the same thing) are getting desperate. _Any_ old analogy will do.

I don't see how anyone can regard it as sectarian or dogmatic to refuse to put oneself in the same political category as those who approve of the mass deaths, which must be in the hundreds of millions by now, caused by U.S. foreign policy (_not_ counting WW2) since 1898.

To align oneself with such trash is just another way to resign oneself to political passivity.

Carrol