economics Nobel

alessandro coricelli alessandro.coricelli at rcn.com
Thu Oct 10 06:12:34 PDT 2002

> High time! D.K. is a great scientist. Smith I don't know. jks

Vernon Smith can be considered one the "fathers" of Experimental Economics and, due to the broad academic success of the discipline(both in the US and in Europe), this award was somehow expected. I interviewed him in Tucson for an Italian magazine a week prior the Nobel prize announcement in 1997. My last question was about the incoming Nobel in Economics. Now I feel like a prophet;-) BTW, the other questions were about the bubble(he had written an essay on the stock market "cycle" emphasizing the role and behavior of the "novices"). I must say that I was more prophetic than he was in that matter as well;-)

ciao, alessandro