Decline of American Power?

John Mage jmage at panix.com
Thu Oct 10 18:14:45 PDT 2002

Yoshie wrote:

> I don't dispute the point about all the capitalist elites' interest in

> and willingness to maintain "the last resort." What I question is their capacity.

> Are all crises amenable to such management? No

> possible crisis of capitalism that cannot be resolved by

> politico-economic interventions by the capitalist elites?

There's a permanent crisis. like Hapsburg Vienna, that (in Samir Amin's phrase) they can manage but never resolve. Insofar as we're talking about crises arising from contradictions most likely inherent in capitalism even absent antisystemic agency (realization or eco crises), don't see why they couldn't manage them profitably until the last tree is cut down to print the last ad in the last lad magazine. But a final panicky acute crisis arising from our revolutionary antisystemic agency shall one day prove unresolvable for them, in the bowels of the Lord I do believe.

john mage