abortion

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Thu Oct 10 20:58:33 PDT 2002

> This "abortion is terrible, but choice is sacrosanct nonetheless" stuff is
> getting pretty tiresome. Women should be allowed the right to choose
> because an abortion doesn't differ in any morally significant manner from
an
> appendectomy.
>
> -- Luke

While I'm for choice, this last sentence is grotesque. It recalls the some of the feminist takes in the early 70s that what is removed in an abortion is no different than a tumor or unwanted growth.

Clearly, Luke, you have yet to see your child's heart beating when it is still legal to abort him or her. If and when you do, you might wish to remember what you said here.

DP