abortion

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 10 21:18:08 PDT 2002

Yoshie--

Seven abortions? The Russian Family Association says, though, that "On average women experience 2 - 2,5 abortions during their reproductive lifetime" (@ <http://www.family-planning.ru/?E=1>). Also:

Me--

I'd be suspicious of operating on any official stats from Russia (which, I know, leaves one groping your way through with anecdotal evidence). I've seen estimates as high as 12.

My stats were drawn from the mid-90s. Hopefully, things have changed since then, and yours are more accurate than mine. (The economic and political stabilization of the Putin years have also resulted in more babies being born, for obvious reasons. Who the hell wanted to have a kid after August 1998?)